Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I thought I would try doing the names of the day thing again - it kind of died towards the beginning. *le sigh*

Boys:

Felix - masculine - of Latin origins, meaning "lucky". This is one of my all time favorites - it's quirky, spunky, but still familiar enough to use - a winning combination.

Auden - From the surname of the poet W.H. Auden, he penned the wonderful quote at the top of my blog. I think this name will probably take off, at least a little bit. It is very close to the ever - popular Aidan, but different enough for people to think of it as an alternative.

Girls:

Amirah - feminine form of the Arabic male name Amir, which means "commander" or "prince". I like the exotic factor Amirah has - very refreshing.

Alessia - Italian form of the Alex- names. I personally adore this name. It's sweet, charming and has a familiar enough sound to be different without sounding alien.

No comments:

Post a Comment